Sony’s next-generation console PlayStation 5 has released its first major update, update 21.01-03.00.00.38, and PlayStation 4’s 8.50 update. You can find the details in our news.
A new update has been released for Sony’s previous generation console, the PlayStation 4, and the next-generation console, the PlayStation 5. It is especially noteworthy that it is the first major update of the PlayStation 5.
As recently announced, the update was released recently, and the most prominent thing is that you can now store your games on USB, as we have told you. However, apart from the details described first, there are several different innovations.
With the update, you can store games on USB instead of deleting them when there’s no more room on your PlayStation 5 and install them there when you want to play again. This process will take much faster than downloading games again or copying them from another disc, according to Sony. Unfortunately, you can’t play games via USB because the console uses the speed of the SSD in games.
When we look at other innovations, we now see that Share Play is supported between PS4 and PS5. Other innovations include:
- You can now pre-download game updates
- Game Base section improvements
- You can customize your library
- New options to quickly turn off game chat and quickly adjust audio settings
- Screen zoom improvements
The size of the update is approximately 900 MB. If you are prompted to update the controller when your device is turned on after you make the update, you can also update it automatically by plugging in the charging cable. It is not known what kind of innovation the requested update for the controller brings.
Update 8.50 of PlayStation 4
In addition to the first major update of the PlayStation 5, update 8.50 has also been released for the older generation console PlayStation 4.
- You can now turn individual notifications on or off for all groups you belong to.
- In-game sessions, you can send a request from the session leader to invite you to the session.
- When you play a game you have hidden, your friends will no longer be able to see that you are playing that game.
- File format updated for extended storage. When you connect an extended storage device, the file format will be updated.