Honor quietly announced its new smartphone, The Play 20, in China. The low-budget phone stands out in the local market with a starting price of 899 Yuan ($138).
Honor Play 20 features
Honor Play 20 comes with a 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel that supports 720 x 1600 pixel HD + resolution. The water drop notched screen has a screen-to-body ratio of 89.3 percent.
The phone is powered by the 12 billion Unisoc Tiger T610 chipset, which includes 2 x Cortex A75 cores with 1.8 GHz and 6 x Cortex A55 cores running at 1.8 GHz, along with the Mali G52 GPU with a clock speed of 614.4 MHz.
Play 20 comes with up to 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. For additional storage, the device also offers a microSD card slot.
The smartphone will come out of the box with the Magic UI 4.0 interface and Android 10 operating system. The device also has a battery capacity of 5,000 mAh.
A 5 Megapixel selfie camera is placed on the front. The square camera module on the back of the device includes an LED flash, a 13 Megapixel main camera, and a 2 Megapixel depth sensor.
The pre-sale device will be available for purchase from multiple online retailers in China from April 30.
Honor Play 20 sale price
- 4 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – 899 Yuan ($138)
- 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – 1,099 Yuan ($169)
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – 1,399 Yuan ($216)
Also, the device comes in four different colors: Magic Night Black, Icelandic White, Aurora Blue, and Titanium Silver.
Honor Play 20 specs
- Display: 6.5 inch – IPS LCD
- Processor: Unisoc Tiger T610
- RAM: 4/6/8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB
- Front Camera: 5 Megapixels
- Rear Camera: 13 Megapixel main camera – 2 Megapixel depth sensor
- Operating System: Magic UI 4.0 interface and Android 10
- Battery: 5000 mAh
- Color Options: Magic Night Black, Icelandic White, Aurora Blue, and Titanium Silver