Apple has officially released the iOS 14.1 update today, which it had accidentally released and then rolled back to the GM version. The update includes multiple bug fixes.
iOS 14.1 update released! Here’s what’s new
Apple has released iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1, adding support for the newly announced iPhone 12. New features include improved camera modes for new models and HDR video recording.
According to Apple’s release notes, iOS 14.1 offers a number of bug fixes. It addresses a major issue where some emails were sent under the wrong alias. It also fixes an issue that could cause widgets and icons to appear the wrong size and fixes a bug that could prevent zeros from appearing in the Calculator app.
Update notes published by Apple are as follows;
Adds 10-bit HDR video playback and editing support in Photos for iPhone 8 and later
- Resolves an issue where some widgets, folders and icons were shown in a reduced size on the Home Screen
- Resolves an issue that could cause apps to be deleted from folders when widgets are dragged on the Home Screen
- Fixes an issue where some emails were sent under incorrect aliases in the Mail
- Fixes an issue that prevented area information from being displayed on incoming calls
- Fixes an issue that could cause the emergency call button to overlap with the text entry box on the Lock Screen when the enlarged screen mode and alphanumeric password are selected
- Resolves an issue where some users were sometimes unable to download or add tracks to their library when viewing an album or playlist
- Fixes an issue that prevented zeros from appearing in Calculator
- Resolves an issue where the resolution of streaming video was temporarily lowered at the beginning of playback
- Fixes an issue that prevented a family member’s Apple Watch from setting up for some users
- Resolves an issue that caused Apple Watch case material to display incorrectly in the Apple Watch app
- Resolves an issue with the Files app that could cause some MDM-managed cloud service providers to incorrectly display content unavailable
- Improves compatibility with Ubiquiti wireless access points
To access the new software, you can download it over the air via Settings> General> Software Update.