Skype is one of the most popular and trustworthy chatting applications. Many people are using it daily to chat with friends, family, or coworkers. It gives a smooth and fun experience and that’s something users like the most. If you are wondering how to change Skype username, keep on reading as we are going to show you all the possible ways to do so. There are three options. You can change your Skype username on your PC, you can do it on your mobile phone, and even on the web.
Changing the username on PC
It does not matter whether you are on Windows or on MAC this method is applicable on both the operating systems because it only requires you to have the Skype desktop application on your computer. You can change your Skype username by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Survival-Themed Dune Awakening Announced
- Fitbit introduced three new products: Sense 2, Versa 4, and Insprie 3
- iPhone 14 promotional date has been announced
- US parents want crypto money training in schools
- How much money do technology companies earn per second? There is Apple at the summit
- First of all, open your Skype desktop application.
- Next step is to click on your Skype profile picture or on your username (You can find both of them in the top-left corner).
- After this, you will see a section of the left named as “Manage,” and in that section, you need to look for “Skype profile” option and click on that.
- You will see your Skype username, and profile picture and a pencil icon on the right side of your username just click on the pencil.
- Enter your new username and press enter to save your changed username.
Changing the username on Mobile
If you are one of those who use Skype on their phones via a mobile app, then this section is for you. You can follow the steps which are mentioned here to change your Skype username:
- The first step is the obvious one because first of all, you need to open your Skype app
- You will see your profile picture in the middle of the screen at the top just click on it
- After clicking on your profile photo, you will be taken to a profile management section, look for “Skype Profile” option in the manage section, and tap on it
- Next up you will see your username and a pencil just to its right
- Click on the pencil to edit your username.
- Enter the new username and press enter.
Changing the username on Web
Just as we changed the username on PC and mobile, this method is quite similar to both of them. Let’s see how to change Skype username on the web:
- You need to sign-in to your Skype account on the Skype website.
- You will see your name on the top right of the screen just hover mouse point on it, and you will see a drop-down menu.
- Select “My Account” from the drop-down.
- In My Account section just scroll the page down and look for the contact details.
- In contact details click on the “Edit Profile” option.
- Then you will be taken to the “Profile” section. On the right side, you will see an option named “Edit Profile” just to the right of “Change password.” Click on Edit profile.
- In the textbox which says “Name” enter the new name which you want to set and once done, then click on the green “save” button on the right side.
- Finally, press ok for the confirmation so that the system acknowledges the change.