Is The Message

How many people use the internet in the world? Here is the data for 2020

23.09.2020
76

We know that the number of people with internet connection is increasing day by day. In this context, the number of internet users of the first 20 countries according to the population ranking has been determined.

World internet usage statistics

As of September 23, 2020, 4,685,373,466 people worldwide can access the internet and there are 1,801,924,614 websites.

Until the time of writing our article, as of today; 113,650,087,328 emails were sent and 3,184,294,130 Google searches were made, 3,186,169,477 YouTube videos were watched and 39,029,575 Instagram posts were shared.

Number of internet users of the countries
In the first quarter of 2020;

  • People’s Republic of China: 854,000,000
  • India: 560,000,000
  • United States: 313,322,000
  • Indonesia: 171,260,000
  • Brazil: 149,057,000
  • Nigeria: 126,078,000
  • Japan: 118,625,000
  • Russian Federation: 116,353,000
  • Bangladesh: 94,199,000
  • Mexico: 88,000,000
  • Germany: 79,127,000
  • Philippines: 79,000,000
  • Turkey: 69,107,000
  • Vietnam: 68,541,000
  • United Kingdom: 63,544,000
  • Iran: 67,602,000
  • France: 60,421,000
  • Thailand: 57,000,000
  • Italy: 54,798,000
  • Egypt: 49,231,000

The total number of people who have access to internet connection, which was 360,985,492 in 2000, has reached 4,685,373,466 as of today.

Geographical statistics of the internet

Asia ranks first with 52.2 percent. It is followed by Europe with 15.1 percent. Although the level of internet usage in Africa is low compared to population density, it ranks 3rd with 11.7 percent. South America with 9.7 percent and North America with 6.9 percent, and the Americas with a total of 16.6 percent, the geographic region with the highest internet usage. The Middle East with 3.8% and Oceania (Australia) with 0.6% are at the bottom of the list.

Source: Internet World Stats, Internet Live Stats.

TAGS: ,
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
If you have any copyright issues, just mail us. info@isthemessage.net is the message
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x