Google Pixel 5 Camera App Comes to Old Pixel Models
Google Pixel 5 camera application features are offered for previous models with version 8.1.
Google has started to offer the 8.1 version of the Google Camera application to Pixel phones. This means that some of the functions offered with the new Pixel 5 will also come to those with older Pixel models.
- New information from Resident Evil Village explained: PS5 demo, release date, gameplay video
- Hitman III works better on Xbox Series X than PS5
- New footage shared from set of Netflix film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence
- Another Game of Thrones series announced: Here’s what it’s about
- Federal court overrules Trump’s coal-friendly environmental plan
The 8.0 version of the app was previously only available for Pixel 5. The 8.1 is reportedly supposed to work on older phones like Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. The app has not been completely overhauled, but some features have been redesigned and adjusted. The new additions include zoom shortcuts along with the Voice Zoom feature to reduce background noise. Additionally, the Pixel 5 has a new Cinematic Pan video recording feature that helps with smooth panning shots, but it appears this will only work with Pixel 4 and 4 XL.
Note that users may have to wait for a while, as the update is being rolled out gradually.