Google Pixel 5 camera application features are offered for previous models with version 8.1.
Google has started to offer the 8.1 version of the Google Camera application to Pixel phones. This means that some of the functions offered with the new Pixel 5 will also come to those with older Pixel models.
- A new controller is coming for Nintendo Switch: it will be released in 6 months
- The release date of the 120Hz display Samsung Galaxy M52 5G has been announced
- El Salvador purchases 150 BTC after Bitcoin drop
- Oppo K9 Pro spotted ahead of its upcoming launch
- Images from Galaxy Tab A8 came
The 8.0 version of the app was previously only available for Pixel 5. The 8.1 is reportedly supposed to work on older phones like Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. The app has not been completely overhauled, but some features have been redesigned and adjusted. The new additions include zoom shortcuts along with the Voice Zoom feature to reduce background noise. Additionally, the Pixel 5 has a new Cinematic Pan video recording feature that helps with smooth panning shots, but it appears this will only work with Pixel 4 and 4 XL.
Note that users may have to wait for a while, as the update is being rolled out gradually.