Unfortunately, the Galaxy Note 20 series, which Samsung trusts, could not give what was expected in sales. So where did Samsung go wrong?
Samsung launched its flagship Galaxy S20 series smartphones this spring. However, this model could not meet the company’s expectations. Recently, the South Korean giant launched the Galaxy Note 20 series, which is expected to make up for the poor sales of the Galaxy S20 series. However, it seems that this plan didn’t work either.
Note20 sales are again below expectations. South Korean sources are now reporting that Samsung is discontinuing the Note20 smartphone lineup. This shows that smartphone sales are again falling short of the company’s expectations. Note20 Ultra states that the company plans to launch 900,000 Note20 models in October, but only produces 600,000 smartphones.
While the Note20 Ultra model dominates most sales, demand for the base model continues to decline. It is stated that the company is preparing to start the production of Galaxy S21 series smartphones as of next month and has produced 2 million units.
Note20 Ultra is also disappointing about the camera. The phone, which is in the tenth place in DxOMark, unfortunately does not deserve its money. Let’s see if Samsung can break the devil’s leg with the flagship models it will introduce in 2021?
Galaxy Note20 specifications
- 6.7 inches (2400 x 1080 resolution) Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O Display with 120 Hz refresh
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus chipset / Adreno 650 GPU
- 8 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 256 GB internal storage (microSD card support up to 1 TB)
- 12 Megapixel f / 1.8 aperture + 64 Megapixel telephoto lens f / 2.0 aperture (30X Space Zoom) + 12 Megapixel 120 degree ultra wide angle lens f / 2.2 aperture rear camera
- 10 Megapixel f / 2.2 aperture front camera
- Stereo speaker by AKG and Dolby Atmos support
- Fingerprint reader integrated in the screen
- S-Pen support
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4 / 5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4.300 mAh capacity battery with 25W fast charging support