Bad news for Facebook from iPhone users


0
1 share
Bad news for Facebook from iPhone users

Apple introduced new security policies with iOS 14.5 last week. Apps like Facebook, which collect user data and show personalized ads, can no longer do so without permission, according to the new app. Companies first need to get approval from users.

As you can imagine, people aren’t too keen on other people collecting their data. Only 4 percent of iPhone users in the U.S. approve of data tracking, according to Flurry, a Verizon-owned analytics firm.

Only 4 percent of iPhone users in the U.S. approved of data tracking, while the remaining 96 percent answered no. This means that users who say no will no longer be tracked step by step by Facebook. This, which prevents personalized advertising, is likely to put the social media giant in a very difficult position. This is up to 12 percent globally, but it’s not enough.

Bad news for Facebook from iPhone users 1

It is not known what the company’s next move will be, with almost all of its revenue coming from targeted advertising. For now, the social media giant, which is expected to show ads based on Random or previous data, will likely take the business to trial. However, it is a question of which court will object to the data tracking issue being left to user approval.

The answer to the question “Does this feature come to Android?” is unfortunately no. The policy, introduced by Apple, is exclusive to iOS users. Google, the developer of Android, like Facebook, generates revenue from ads. Therefore, the tech giant is not expected to take such a step in its revenues.

READ  Huawei Mate 30 introduced: Here's the features and price

Facebook, which has been criticized for its frequently collected data, was also criticized by Signal last week. Signal, which advertises exclusively for cartoon-loving newly married yoga instructors on the platform, or people with a wife’s art history degree, has revealed how much the company can lock in the goal. The ads, which were quickly noticed by the social media giant, were quickly removed.


Like it? Share with your friends!

0
1 share

What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
0
hate
confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
0
fail
fun fun
0
fun
geeky geeky
0
geeky
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
omg omg
0
omg
win win
0
win
Becks

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x