10 million Android users install fake Samsung update app
A fake Samsung update application, published on Google’s application market, Play Store, was downloaded by 10 million Android users. Here are the details.
Smartphone users are looking forward to updates that bring new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes to their devices. Of course, this situation has triggered people who want to abuse the weaknesses of the users.
Wants credit card information
According to a new report, 10 million Android users have downloaded an application that promises to install the latest updates on Samsung devices. Developed by Updato stated that “Updates for Samsung – Android Update Versions” named so-called update application, users requesting credit card information by requesting an annual update fee of $ 34.99.
- Next-generation Google Pixel Buds gets Bluetooth certified
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra may come with a different camera layout
- Change in PlayStation Twitter Account to PS5 Slogan
- Statement about the release date of PlayStation 5 from the developer of God of War
- Ubisoft Will Refresh Its Editors To Make Unique Games
Payers say they have problems downloading the update they want from the list. So far, the impact of the 10 million affected users have yet to determine the amount of material damage. The fact that Google keeps this fake update application running for a long time is considered another scandal.