Valencia sign Cillessen from Barcelona
Valencia have completed the signing of Jasper Cillessen from fellow LaLiga side Barcelona.
The Netherlands international has penned a four-year deal at the Mestalla that contains an €80million (£71.68m) release clause.
Cillessen had operated as back-up to Marc-Andre ter Stegen during his three seasons in Catalonia and admitted in April he was seeking a new club.
His departure from Barcelona frees up a space that is expected to be filled by Valencia’s current first-choice keeper Neto in what will effectively be a swap deal.
- The money the Witcher 3 earns to its producer continues to surprise
- Render image of LG V60 ThinQ smartphone model leaked
- According to the report, Apple iPhone 9 test production started
- Huawei’s patent reveals possible Mate X2 design: 6 cameras and pen support
- Apple closes stores in China due to coronavirus
Cillessen featured in only 32 games during his three years with Barcelona, just five of which came in LaLiga.
The 30-year-old’s final appearance for Barca came in May’s Copa del Rey final defeat to his new club.
Barcelona’s clear-out is beginning to take shape as striker Marc Cardona left for Segunda Division side Osasuna on Tuesday and Andre Gomes signed for Everton on a permanent deal.
Cillessen told his new club’s official website: “It’s amazing, for me it’s very special and I can not wait to start. I am very happy.