Brazil and Peru unchanged for Copa America final showdown
Marquinhos has recovered from a bout of illness to line up for Brazil against Peru as both countries name unchanged sides for the Copa America final.
Paris Saint-Germain centre-back Marquinhos revealed he was struggling with a stomach virus as he went toe-to-toe with Lionel Messi during the Selecao’s 2-0 semi-final win over bitter rivals Argentina.
But he lines up alongside veteran club colleague Thiago Silva at the heart of the Brazil defence, while semi-final goalscorers Roberto Firmino and Gabriel Jesus lead a potent attack for the hosts.
- Design That Shows The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Could Have a Sliding Keyboard
- Game revenues increased, although Xbox One sales fell!
- Watch Dogs Legion review scores announced
- PlayStation app big update
- Impressive gameplay trailer from PS5 debut game Demon’s Souls
Peru were swatted aside 5-0 when they met Brazil during the group stages but will approach Sunday’s match at the Maracana with renewed confidence after dispatching holders Chile 3-0 in their last-four clash.
Goals from Edison Flores, Yoshimar Yotun and Paolo Guerrero secured a first final appearance for their country since the triumphant campaign of 1975, while Brazil are looking to lift the continental crown for a ninth time.