A 24-year-old young woman named Olesya Semonava, living in Arkhangelsk, Russia, died due to a phone call she dropped into a water bath. It turned out that the phone falling into the tub was plugged into charging at that moment.
Smartphones have entered our lives so much that we can never be separated from them. Since they need regular charging, there is a constant need to charge while sitting, lying and even walking. Although this situation has now become normal, we can easily say that it actually poses a risk. An incident in the Russian city of Arkhangelsk once again revealed the gravity of the situation.
A 24-year-old young woman named Olesya Semonava died of electric shock after dropping her charging iPhone brand phone into the bathtub. In these times when we take our phones with us even in the bathtub, we think that charging adapters are not a very dangerous thing, but in fact, these devices are powered directly from the city electricity. This means an extremely powerful current for the human body. As in the case of Semenova, these electrical devices can be fatal when dropped in water.
Her friend found Semenova’s lifeless body
Daria, her roommate who found Olesya Semenova after the incident, stated that the young woman was not breathing. Saying that he poked his housemate when he saw it that way, Daria explained that when he touched Semenova, he was also electrocuted. Semenova, who dropped her charged phone in water, was also talked about on social media.