Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of Rockstar Games, has filed a patent with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for a new NPC technology.
Developed by Simon Parr, chief AI programmer at Rockstar Games, and David Hynd, director of technology, the system NPCs, i.e. uncontrollable AI within the game, aim to improve the behavior of characters and make them more realistic.
It is said that the new system will create a realistic virtual world without hardware and software restrictions. It focuses on how NPCs will move around and respond to the environment.
- Official images of Xiaomi 11T and 11T Pro leaked
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G exploded in a lawyer’s pocket in the courtroom
- GTA 5’s next-generation trailer becomes PlayStation 5’s most unpopular trailer
- eFootball PES 2021 surpasses 450 million downloads on mobile devices
- New wireless headphones coming from Xiaomi: Here is the first image
The driving part was specifically mentioned. It has been stated that each NPC driver can have unique characteristics such as acceleration, braking, distance between the vehicle in front of him, the highest speed he comes out of and speeds to enter the bend, a more intense traffic can be provided and they can exhibit different behaviors in traffic.
There’s an open-world game that we know Rockstar Games is developing, which is Grand Theft Auto 6. There’s a good chance the patented system will be used in Grand Theft Auto 6.