Nintendo had the best time in its history last year. Switch sales reached 85 million. On the gaming side, Animal Crossing sold 32 million copies in one year.
Nintendo’s successful game console Switch continues to sell like cheese bread. The console has now reached the 85 million sales threshold, making it the eighth best-selling console in history. The switch is currently outperforming PSP, Gameboy Advance, and Xbox 360.
28.83 million Switch sold in the last year
Nintendo has had one of the best periods in its history over the past year. The Switch console sold 28.83 million units between March 31, 2020, and March 31, 2021. The company’s annual earnings rose 34.4% from the previous year to $16.59 billion. Finally, operating profit increased by 81.8% compared to the previous year, reaching $6.04 billion, the highest in Nintendo’s history.
Nintendo’s incredible success, of course, had a high impact on the pandemic. The company expects console sales to slow slightly in the coming year. Nintendo estimates that 25.50 million Switch sales will be made in the fiscal year ending March 2022. The switch will thus outperform the PS3, Wii, and PS1 consoles.
The switch could be the best-selling console in history
Switch managed to reach the 85 million sales threshold in just 49 months. It sells much faster than PS4 and Wii. In 2022, it will surpass PS4 and Game Boy to become the third best-selling console in history. If Nintendo continues to support the Switch for a few more years, the Switch may surpass the Nintendo DS and PS2 to become the best-selling console in history.
Best-selling Nintendo games from April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2022
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 20.85 (LTD 32.63m)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe – 10.62m (LTD 35.39m)
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars – 9.01m
- Ring Fit Adventure – 7.38m (LTD 10.11m)
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 5.59m
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 5.01m (LTD 23.84m)
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 4.86m (LTD 22.28m)
- Super Mario Party – 4.69m (LTD 14.79m)
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 3.84m (LTD 10.44m)
- Pokémon Sword & Shield – 3.73m (LTD 21.1m)
- Super Mario Odyssey – 3.42m (LTD 20.83m)
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 3.26m (LTD 9.59m)
- Clubhouse Games – 3.14m
- Paper Mario: The Origami King – 3.12m
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity – 3.07m
- Splatoon 2 – 2.07m (LTD 12.21m)
- Peak 3 Deluxe – 2.04m
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 1.67m (LTD 7.15m)
- Xenoblade Chronicles DE – 1.52m
- Pokémon Let’s Go – 1.31m (LTD 13.28m)