It was announced how much this generation and previous generation consoles of PlayStation, sony’s game console, one of the most popular companies in the gaming world, sold.
When we say game console, PlayStation is undoubtedly the first thing that comes to mind of gamers all over the world. PlayStation increased this popularity especially in the previous generation PlayStation 4. It had nice success in terms of the number of sales.
Recently, the official number of sales of the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation 5 was announced. Apart from the number of sales of PlayStation 4 and 5, a few statistics from PlayStation were also shared. You can find all the statistics below. Let’s remember that all statistics are data received until March 31, 2021.
- The PlayStation 5 sold 7.8 million units worldwide, surpassing Sony’s estimate of “7.6 million units sold” by 200,000.
- PlayStation 4 sold 115.9 million units worldwide.
- In January-February-March 2021, the PlayStation 5 sold a total of 3.3 million units.
- PlayStation 4 sales decreased by 0.4 million compared to the same period of the previous year.
- PlayStation Plus subscribers exceeded 47.6 million. The number of subscribers increased by 6.1 million compared to the same period of the previous year.
- PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 games sold 61.4 million units in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020. Decreased by 3.9 million units compared to the previous period.
- Of the 61.4 million games sold, 7.9 million belong to first-party games. 79% of sales are digital sales.