In March 2018 we covered the announcement of The Blackout Club, a co-op horror themed game by indie studio Question Games.
The game launched on Steam Early Access just before last Halloween and so far it has a highly positive user score (88% average). A few days ago, the developers announced that The Blackout Club will officially launch on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One right at the end of the month of July. With Stranger Things Season Three set to debut in early July, Question Games might be looking to ride that hype train a bit.
- Survival-Themed Dune Awakening Announced
- Fitbit introduced three new products: Sense 2, Versa 4, and Insprie 3
- iPhone 14 promotional date has been announced
- US parents want crypto money training in schools
- How much money do technology companies earn per second? There is Apple at the summit
The 1.0 version of The Blackout Club will add a large new region, in addition to lots of bug fixes and overall polishing.
Do note that if you intend to play the game on PC, now is the best time to purchase it. The Steam Summer Sale currently provides a 20% discount and Question Games warned customers that the default price will eventually go up with the full release of the game, too.
The Blackout Club is a first-person co-op horror game centered around a group of teenage friends investigating a monstrous secret beneath the skin of their small town.
Every night, everyone in town gets out of bed and sleepwalks. In the morning, they wake up with no recollection of what happened or where they were.
You and your friends must team up to overcome the powerful forces that are arrayed against you. Using tools such as drones, noisemakers, and grappling hooks, you will outwit and outmaneuver the adults while attempting to obtain and record evidence that will prove what is happening to the rest of the world. With procedural elements that change goals, enemies, loot and more, no two nights in the neighborhood will be the same.
- A Modern Horror Setting To Explore: A beautiful and modern neighborhood full of houses, woods, and a very mysterious subterranean network of tunnels.
- Cooperative Gameplay: Drop-in/Drop-out multiplayer sessions for 1-4 players.
- Each Night A New Adventure: Missions are procedurally-generated and vary according to player level and progress. Enemy Patrols, Loot Placement, Mission Objectives, Environmental Obstacles, and other aspects of each night’s mission are never the same twice for a high amount of replayability.
- Richly-Simulated World Supporting Many Play Styles: Players have the freedom to go through the game at their own pace and choose the paths they take through the world. Experiment with different abilities and items to find creative solutions to any problem.
- A Deep Mystery Under The Surface: Though we are a small team, we have decades of AAA experience from before we went independent, and our last game The Magic Circle has won awards for its story and narrative. That being said… with The Blackout Club, we have a few new tricks up our sleeve we think are going to surprise even the most veteran horror game fans.
- Character Growth & Customization: Players get to create their own character and customize them by unlocking new clothing, gestures, and hairstyles. As players level up they will also unlock new expansion slots and upgrade their abilities.
- An Unseen Threat: If players are not careful and draw too much attention to themselves, The Shape will come for them. You’ll need to stick together and look out for one another while it hunts you down. There’s one catch… You can only see The Shape by closing your eyes.