The new generation Porsche 718 Cayman can be fully electric
The German car giant Porsche recently introduced its first electric car, Taycan. The company’s next fully electric model could be the 718 Cayman.
After Porsche introduced its first electric car, Taycan, eyes were turned to the next model to join the company’s electric series. The German car giant has already confirmed that the next generation Macan will be fully electric, but what about the 718 Boxster and Cayman?
- The money the Witcher 3 earns to its producer continues to surprise
- Render image of LG V60 ThinQ smartphone model leaked
- According to the report, Apple iPhone 9 test production started
- Huawei’s patent reveals possible Mate X2 design: 6 cameras and pen support
- Apple closes stores in China due to coronavirus
Although SUV models are heavy in Porsche sales, this does not mean that sports cars will be forgotten. Porsche confirmed that it is currently considering the idea of developing an electric 718 Cayman.
Final decision to be made within 12 months
Porsche Vice President Lutz Meschke confirmed to the Auto Express that the 718 Cayman will be the next model to be electrified. But the company has not yet made a full decision on the new generation 718 Cayman. Battery concepts and body types are currently being tested.
Porsche CEO Oliver Blume said in a statement on the subject: ‘We are still in the concept period for the next 718 Cayman, but we will make a decision about which direction to go in the next 12 months,‘ he said.